How To Start A Floral Business
Are you wondering how to start a floral business? Whether you choose to invest in a franchise or start your own business with your own name, there are a number of items you will need before opening your floral business.
- Funds. Provide yourself with enough money to make bills during start-up and slow seasons. This can be attained through your reserve, a loan or personal credit card.
- Location. Your floral business should be located in the center of town. Drive by traffic can become instant customers, or they will remember your location when they need flowers for an occasion.
- Zoning and permits. Unless you are switching owners with a former floral business, you will need to verify that zoning and permits are in place for you to conduct business in your floral shop.
- Suppliers. Unless you will also have a green house with your floral business, you will need to order from suppliers. Look in your local directory to find suppliers who will provide fresh flowers on a daily basis to start a floral business.
- Advertising. Signs, business cards and cards to attach to the floral display will be needed to start a floral business. Contact printers, sign makers and greeting card companies for these basic advertising supplies. For store advertising, print an ad in local papers, pass out flyers, and advertise in directory listings. These will provide immediate advertising.
- Miscellaneous supplies. Pens, paper, staplers, staples and a cash register will be needed on a daily basis to start a floral business. Purchase these items in advance of opening day.
- Delivery vehicle and driver. You will need to purchase a company vehicle or use yours while keeping track of mileage to start a floral business. You will also need to hire a driver or deliver flowers yourself in your company vehicle.
Posted on: Aug. 30, 2010