Learning how to start games in Microsoft Excel is one way you can play games at work. Many Information Technology (IT) departments block the installation of games or don't allow you to keep them installed. Using Microsoft Excel is a way to keep your games hidden while you are working. Fortunately, there is a way to download games to play in Microsoft Excel and you may be able to keep your gaming a secret from your boss.
Things you'll need:
- Computer with Microsoft Excel installed
- Go to Excelgames.org. Here you will find an assortment of classic games to play in Microsoft Excel. There is a list of games to pick from on the left of the page, so click one that interests you.
- Click on "Download Zipped File." This will download the game to your computer. Find the downloaded file's location and extract file. Do this by right clicking the file and choosing "Extract All."
- Open the Excel File that was extracted to run the game. If there is a security warning when you try to play the game, select "Options" in the security warning bar. Click "Enable This Content" and then "OK."
- You can play the game again by running the same excel file. If you are playing on a work computer, you will probably need to rename the file. You can also move the file to a new location on the computer where you can find it again.