- How To Start A Harley Davidson Sportster Xl 883
- How To Start A 2009 Harley Sportster
- How To Ride Harley Sportsters
- How To Change The 1995 Harley Davidson Sportster
- How To Remove Speedometer Glass On A Harley Davidson
- How To Ride A 2008 Harley Davidson Sportster
- How To Change A Harley Davidson Sportster Gas Tank
How To Start Harley Sportster Motorcycles
Learning how to start Harley Sportster motorcycles is the first step to becoming a biker. Although starting a motorcycle seems like a pretty straightforward task, each motorcycle is different and it can be complicated if you are unfamiliar with the bike. Follow these steps to learn all about how to start Harley Sportster motorcycles.
To start Harley Sportster motorcycles, you will need:
Check the left side of the engine for the fuel switch. Ensure that it is on.
- Sit on the motorcycle and pull the choke out. Put the motorcycle in neutral gear by depressing the clutch and pushing down on the gear shifter with your left foot. Pull up once while still depressing the clutch to activate neutral.
- Pull the throttle slightly and push the starter button. You can find the starter button the right side of the handlebars. Repeat this until the Harley Sportster motorcycle engine turns over.
- Activate the throttle periodically while the engine warms up. Note that you need to give it about five minutes to completely warm up before you drive it. A cold engine may stall on you.
- Deactivate the choke small bits at a time until the engine is running full force. Continue giving it throttle until it has completely warmed up.
- Switch it into first gear and ride. Allow another three to five minutes before you open the throttle all the way.
If you are having trouble starting a Harley Sportster, check to make sure that there is gas in the gas tank. Fill it with gas, if not.
Posted on: Aug. 18, 2010