Couples who are having difficulty conceiving may consider learning how to start an infertility diet. The right diet can make a big difference in your fertility and your overall health. It is critical to keep a detailed food journal throughout the process to track changes in your diet as you try to conceive. If you are struggling with infertility, remember to talk to a doctor to eliminate any serious causes and other concerns.
To start an infertility diet, you will need:
- A food journal
- Alternatives to caffeine
- Whole grains
- Fruits and vegetables
- Zinc and selenium supplements
- Watch your caffeine intake. Consider cutting back the caffeine and alcohol before trying to conceive. Limit yourselves to no more than two cups of coffee each day. Caffeine can constrict blood vessels making it more difficult to conceive. Switching to herbal teas or sticking to water will help improve your fertility.
- Stick to whole grains. An infertility diet looks a lot like a general healthy diet. Limiting your intake of refined carbohydrates and replacing them with whole grains will provide you with more B vitamins and iron. These are nutrients that are essential to the body and staying health is essential in preventing infertility.
- Get enough fruits and vegetables. Eating plenty of fresh produce will help your body get all of the vitamins and minerals that it needs to be in top form. People with healthy diets are less likely to struggle with infertility than people who do not get adequate nutrition.
- Be sure you are getting the right minerals. Zinc and selenium are the two minerals that are most important to an infertility diet. Start taking a daily vitamin and mineral supplement beginning ninety days before you plan to conceive. Natural sources of zinc include oysters, red meat, dairy, and whole grains. Good sources of selenium include fish, barley and mushrooms.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …