How To Start 'Lost' Fan Club
This is the final season of "Lost", but that doesn't mean it's too late to learn how to start a "Lost" fan club. In fact, this is probably the best time. Don't know where to begin to start a "Lost" fan club? Follow the steps below.
- You need fans for a "Lost" fan club. This is obvious, but what's harder is finding those fans. The best place to find fans for a "Lost" fan club is the internet. There are probably thousands of "Lost" fan sites out there. Make posts in "Lost" related forums, mentioning you want to start a fan club. For local fans, place an ad in your local paper, or hang up flyers.
- Plan a meeting time for your "Lost" fan club. If you want to create an online "Lost" fan club, you need a website with a chat feature. The site should include all the information that fans need to know about the club, and what the club will be. The chat on the website will allow your fan club to meet during that scheduled time. or you can always host a meeting at your home.
- Have "Lost" themed snacks at your meetings. When hosting a "Lost" fan club meeting at your home. food is important. Fans get hungry, especially when debating the importance of time travel. Since this is a "Lost" fan club, you must have "Lost" themed snacks. These should be Dharma related products. You can print off the Swan logo on white paper and tape it to a box of mac and cheese. Have pork during a special dinner. Have fresh fruit like mangoes, bananas and guava.
- Know the importance of heavy discussions in a "Lost" fan club. Every meeting of your "Lost" fan club should have a heavy discussion. By the time "Lost" is over, you will have all the answers to the show. That doesn't mean there won't be anything to talk about anymore. Before every meeting, have your fan club members watch an episode of "Lost". You should go in order, starting with the pilot before the first meeting. When you know all the answers to "Lost", you will have a whole new perspective on the show, and a better understanding of why things happen.
- Have a lost book discussion. "Lost" makes way too many references to books. Whether they are seen on a shelf, read by Sawyer, or implied by a line spoken by someone or in a show title, every book has some connection to a "Lost" theme. Have your "Lost" fan club members read a chapter of two of a "Lost" related book before each meeting for a good discussion.
- Come up with "Lost" themed social gatherings. When learning how to start a "Lost" fan club, coming up with fun things to do is important. You don't want the members getting bored sitting around reading books. So, plan some trips. Go see polar bears at the zoo. Visit a mental institution and teach the patients the numbers. Save up money and go to Hawaii. Take in lectures about philosophy, religion, and quantum physics.
- Create your "Lost" fan club logo. You fan club should have a name, and it should have a logo. That way you can put it on shirts and hats for your outings together. Plus, once your fan club has made a name for itself, you can start charging people to join. Send them your merchandise with your logos. Keep at it until your "Lost" fan club is the biggest and best one out there.
Posted on: Apr. 23, 2010