If you want an exciting, high-paying job that lets you express yourself while you help others, consider these tips on how to start a motivational career. Motivational speakers get paid to speak at conferences and conventions, seminars, corporate training programs, schools, trade shows, and even cruise ships. The good ones inspire, motivate, and encourage others to follow their dreams and achieve their goals. If you want to start a career as a motivational speaker, here are some things to consider.
- Know your market. To start a motivational career, you must know whom to target as a market. To whom can you best relate? What is your message? Will your target audience like your message?
- Research your market. Research is very important. It will determine the product or information that sells in your niche. Will your materials match what your targeted market buys? You will have an easier time selling yourself if you know your niche.
- Know your competition. What are other motivational speakers selling?Can you learn something from the methods of other people in your field? Don’t be afraid to try.
- Create your materials. When starting a motivational career, create your marketing materials first so you can focus on marketing yourself. Write a speech. Write a book. Create a workbook or a training program. Draw on your own experiences.
- Develop a selling point. As a motivational speaker, you should have a unique selling point about yourself. You need a hook, or personal branding that will help people recognize and remember you.
- Develop a marketing plan. Create a marketing package. It should include your biography, your photograph, an audio clip or video clip demo, a price sheet for your products, testimonials from clients, and a sample client list.
- Market heavily to your niche. This step is the key. If no one knows about you, then no one will book you. Starting a motivational career depends on marketing.
No special education or experience is needed to break into the world of motivational speaking. As long as you have the desire and the persistence, you can succeed in a motivational career.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.