How To Start An Online Business
Learning how to start an online business takes a lot of time and determination. With the economy down more and more people are starting an online business. It can be done and as long if you’ve got a good idea and a little money this article can get help you get your online business up and running.
- Web Hosting. It is absolutely necessary to have a website for your business. There are many hosting plans that are geared for the small business owner. Hosting plans offer support, unlimited storage and many other things. It will cost about $5.00 to $15.00 per month. Do a Google search and look up affordable web hosting plans and you will get a lot of hits. Read the reviews for the web hosting companies. Pay attention to how well they respond to problems, how often they go down and how do they handle it if your business starts booming and you get a huge influx of customers?
- Blog. If you are starting out with a blog instead of a website, Word Press is a good blogging service to start with for an online business. There are others like Blogger, etc. but they are geared more towards personal blogs.
- Logos. Every online business needs a logo and it should be a good one. There are websites such as LogoMaker that will design free logos. Even better, you can hire a designer to make one for you. That will cost you around $40.00 to $50.00.
- Website design. If you are using a hosted website you will need to hire a website designer to create your website. This will not cost you a lot of money and is well worth it. Your website is a very important part of your business. If you think about it, your website is the first thing a new customer sees and it says a lot about you.
- E-Commerce. If you are selling physical items then you need E-Commerce. You site will need to be able to process credit cards and provide security. This is very expensive if you set it up yourself. There are services that can do this for you and it will cost you approximately $40.00 a month. Merchant Solutions and Netfirms are two popular ones.
- SEO. SEO is very important to the success of your business. If someone does a search on Google for a product you sell will depend upon how good your SEO is determines if your site comes up at the top or on page 2 or beyond. You need to do a lot of research into SEO and learn it well.
- Promote. You need to promote your business. Some of the ways to do this is create a Facebook page for your online business, write blog posts, and add the URL for your online business in your email signature. You can also do trade shows, make stickers and T-shirts, and hand out business cards. There are many, many ways to promote your business.
These are some of the ways to get your business started. There are many other things you can and need to do. Go to the bookstore and buy books about online businesses and SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Study hard and be patient. It takes time to get a business up and running.