Knowing how to start a personal assistant business includes the need for creativity, ambition, and organization skills. While the launch of most businesses require a considerable investment, to establish personal assistance draws greatly upon an entrepreneur’s abilities. Although personal assistant employment exists, entrepreneurs prefer to fulfill the job requirements as independent service providers. From an advantageous business perspective, the personal assistant entrepreneur can specialize in particular areas, provide services for multiple clients, and offer flexibility in hours of service.
To start a personal assistant business, you will need:
- Education (college or vocational level)
- Sustainable funds, interim livability and transportation
- Home office and appropriate equipment and supplies
- Cellular phone
- Assess background, skills, experience and expertise. A personal assessment produces applicable areas to base the personal assistant business upon.
- Assemble a home office or base of operation. This space provides an area to establish and administrate the personal assistant business. Equip the area with a computer, applicable software, printer. phone, fax etc. Maintain a cellular phone, and private or public transportation.
- Determine the personal assistant business’s focus. The two major categories that a personal assistant business serves are business and domestic. Background, experience, expertise, interest, preference, and scope dictate the services you will want to concentrate upon. While certain entrepreneurs choose to specialize in a specific line of duties, others might be more receptive towards various tasks.
- Set up plans for accountability. For accounting and tax purposes, it is in the best interest of the fledgling personal assistant business entrepreneur to consult with a tax representative or Certified Public Accountant. Such a consultation will lead to the establishment of record keeping, and future tax tables. Check with city hall to learn if a business permit or license is required to operate a personal assistant service-related business that acts as an independent contractor.
- Market the personal assistant business. This particular business venture advertises and promotes the entrepreneur as an independent contractor. From a client standpoint, to obtain those services of a personal assistant, rather than an employee hire, is a tax advantage, and does not require the inclusion of any benefit package. Create business cards that simply include your name, and title along with appropriate contact information. Your resume should serve as reference material towards details to create and develop marketable aspects from for a business of personal assistance.
- Launch the personal assistant business’s advertising. Create copy for advertising that will effectively promote personal assistance. Develop various ad copy versions to market and maximize the business towards a variety of potential clientele.
- Promote personal assistance as a business or domestic service. Create, design and develop a promotional portfolio. While this type of portfolio provides a narrative model of the business services that are available, its text format can describe, as well as to pique interest, in how such services will benefit potential clients. Direct in-person or mail delivery of the promotional material, along with a business card, to prospective businesses can prove effective.
As changes and evolutions within the global society’s approach to work constantly increase, a need for personal assistants continues to grow. Supportive skills, desire for proprietorship, pro-activity, reliance, responsibility, and variety are among the traits that aid entrepreneurs to develop personal assistant businesses.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)