How To Start A Raw Food Diet
Want to know how to start a raw food diet? Interested in eating well and improving well-being? Starting a raw food diet is a great way to both purify and to provide the body with a wealth of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, enzymes, fiber and amino acids. People report having more energy, feeling more positive, and even developing a new lease on life. Learn how to start the raw food diet with these simple steps.
- Start slowly. When beginning the raw food diet, it is important to take small steps. Going from roasted chicken and biscuits to soaked beans and veggies can be intimidating. Make reasonable goals, such as eating 50% raw food the first week, 75% the second, 90% the third, all the while allowing yourself to slowly phase out cooked and processed foods.
- Read about the raw food diet. To successfully start, but also to maintain this diet plan, learn all the information that you can about eating fresh, raw foods. Do this to have a deeper understanding of what you are getting yourself into, but also to find ideas and inspiration for meal plans and recipes. There are many great, comprehensive books available that can help get you started on a raw food diet, such as Natalia Rose's "The Raw Food Detox Diet."
- Start developing meal plans. Start organizing how you are going to eat raw foods at each meal. Write down ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks for each day of the week. This is a great way to really grasp what the raw food diet is, by seeing what you will be eating.
- Make your shopping list. Now it is time to gather your materials, the food. Decide which beans, nuts, grains, fruits and vegetables you will need to start a raw food diet.
- Get excited. Starting a raw food diet is a first step in a huge personal transformation. Your health will improve, with common ailments such as acne, high cholesterol, and even arthritis either improving or disappearing. Following this diet becomes a way of life.
Now you know how to start a raw food diet. If you are interested in this regiment, allow yourself flexibility, educate yourself, organize your eating and get started. There really is no reason not to enjoy the benefits of healthy eating with raw foods.