Learning how to start a skate shop is no easy task. It is a long process that starts with a solid understanding of the sport, and ends with you selling equipment for skating from your own store. The following is advice on how to start a skate shop.
- First, you will need to have a love for skating. You need to know everything about skating, and about skateboards and skating accessories, and it is best if you have picked this up from personal experience.
- Next, you will need some funding. You can start a skate shop with your own savings, or with a loan, or by borrowing money from someone or having someone invest in you and your prospective shop. Find a way to save up enough to rent a space large enough for the shop. Check out strip malls or buildings for rent in parts of town where skaters are likely to hang out.
- Once you have a location for the store, you will need to stock it. This is where a lot of money will be necessary. You will need to buy items from manufacturers before you can sell them for profit. And for this step, you will need to be lucky, as skaters will have to purchase from you to keep your skate shop going.
- If you are lucky enough that your idea works out, keep it going, and hire additional workers, if necessary. Also, try to attract skaters. Offer deals, as even when that means little profit, it means a larger following, and a nice deal on skating accessories will get the word out about your shop and attract customers.
- Try marketing your skate shop. Advertise, if you can, in certain magazines or papers that local skaters are likely to read, and visit skate parks to let people know about your shop and what you have. As long as you keep this up, your shop will be up and running.
Learning how to start a skate shop is a serious job for anyone. You will have to spend a lot of time and money to get your shop started, but if you can do that, and customers keep coming in, all of your efforts will have paid off.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.