How To Start A Windsurf Shop
If you want to find how to start a windsurf shop, there are many things you will need to consider before launching your new business. First, you will have to obtain funding for your shop, so you will need a business plan to give the lender. The location of your windsurf shop will be key, as will the different suppliers you use to fill your store with items to sell. Your store must be adequately staffed and you must apply for a business license as well as other various permissions. Meet with a business advisor or accountant to structure your business correctly in order to make it a viable enterprise.
- Decide on a location for your windsurf shop. You want as much walk-in traffic as possible, so the closer you are to the beach, the better your chances of success. Find out how much the monthly rental fee is and if there is a security and maintenance fee required.
- Create a business plan to give your lender. Include a marketing plan. Be detailed in how you intend to grow your business. Have your business planner help you plan a strategy when you start a windsurf shop for the short and long term. Obtain the proper licensing and other start-up requirements needed to launch your store.
- Contact a commercial lender to obtain financing for your windsurf shop. Give the loan officer your business and marketing plans, as well as a financial statement. Discuss the loan structure for your store’s financing and make sure you are able to cover the monthly payment out-of-pocket until the store begins to turn a profit.
- Establish a relationship with various suppliers and vendors. Choose which products you will sell when you start your windsurf shop. Arrange for vendor financing or use the proceeds from your business loan to stock your store.
- Hire staff for your windsurf shop. If you are not going to run the store alone, make sure the employees you hire are an adequate risk. Have each employee complete an application and fill out any insurance forms and other work-related documents.
- Have a grand opening sale for your shop. This will attract customers and set your business up for success. Ask your suppliers if they will send a representative to be present at the sale. Have them answer any questions for customers you are unable to handle. Offer a discount during the sale and try to sell some of the high-end boards to boost your cash flow.
- Thank your customers for their business. A friendly store atmosphere is essential to develop repeat business. Give customers that make a purchase a coupon to use the next time they buy from your windsurf shop. Let each one know your hours of operation and ask them to tell their friends about your store.