If you want to open an unstoppable business that will even flourish in this economy, you should consider learning how to start a wine bar. Wine bars are the classier older cousins of you average watering holes, and starting one with the right ideas in mind will definitely help you earn a few extra dollars in these tumultuous financial times. By learning how to start a wine bar, you'll do more than just give people a place to sit back with a great glass of pinot noir—you're letting them forget about their cares and relax for at least a little while which, in these troubled days, can go a long way.
To start a wine bar, you're going to need:
- An idea of how you want the venue to look
- A business plan
- A liquor license
- Starting capital
- Find a location. You can have the greatest ideas in the world for your new wine bar, but they're not going to be worth anything without a place to house them in. Look around your area for empty buildings within the busier parts of your town or city. Finding a bar that's either closing down or in the process of doing so will be your proverbial golden ticket. These venues are already set up for your business—it will just need a bit of touching up, obviously.
- Obtain a liquor license. If you're planning on selling alcoholic beverages in any business venture, you're going to need a special permit from the state. Contact your local state government's office in order to find out the specific steps that you need to perform to get this license. Note that some states may require you to go through additional steps to obtain a liquor license for use in a commercial endeavor. Be sure to read up on your state's regulations to make the process as quick and efficient as possible.
- Find a wine wholesaler. Considering that wine is going to be your main selling point, you're going to need to find a good wholesaler of the magical liquid that can offer you both a reasonable selection and affordable price. Talk to pub owners and liquor store proprietors around your area in order to find the best prices and dealers, and see if you can get in on a special discount by already knowing the distributors' current clients.
- Decide whether or not you're going to serve food. Many people come to a wine bar expecting to be able to order small hors d'oeuvres, though it's really your prerogative as to whether or not that will be an option. Serving food at your wine bar will bring in more business, but it will also involve coordinating with yet another wholesaler, buying equipment to prepare and maintain food, and having enough space to be able to make said food. Granted, you could technically make extra space behind the bar so that small dishes like cheese trays and olive dishes can be quickly prepared.
- Hire an interior decorator. After finding a method to purchase your wine, designing the look and feel of your location is the most important step to conquer when trying to start a wine bar. Especially if you're starting your business in what used to be, for example, a sports bar, you're going to want to communicate an entirely different message. Talk to your designer and decide on a general theme that fits the style and sophistication that most people expect from a wine bar, then take some time to pick out pieces that coincide with that vision and each other.
Learning how to start a wine bar can be one of the best decisions in your entire life. These enterprises are proven successes that will both set you up for life and make you famous in your community as a smart and fun-loving business owner. When you make the effort to learn how to start a wine bar, you're not just starting a business—you're making a commitment to enter a whole new lifestyle. People are always looking for the next best place to grab a drink, knowing how to start a wine bar will allow you to make that venue for them.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?