How To Stay Motivated Looking For A Job
If your are unsure about how to stay motivated looking for a job, start by assessing your basic needs and consider how getting a job will positively impact your life. Once you have developed a positive attitude toward your job search, stay motivated taking an organized, methodical approach to your job search.
- Think about your financial needs. Unless you’re wealthy and don’t need to work, stay motivated looking for a job by focusing on how the paycheck will improve your lifestyle and overall stability.
- Make a daily job search schedule. One simple way to stay motivated looking for a job is to dedicate a specific time each day to career hunting. Set aside several hours each day to scan the classified ads, write cover letters, and send out resumes.
- Take a class related to your career. To stay motivated looking for a job and build up your resume, take a course online or at your local community college. Even if you already have a degree, courses in computers, writing and business management can be beneficial in your job search.
- Try one-on-one networking. Since searching for jobs online and in newspaper classifieds can make you feel isolated from the working world, expand your job search to include in-person networking. Talking with professionals in your field and engaging in a dialogue about potential opportunities can both help you stay motivated and help you make valuable professional connections.
- Don’t let yourself become depressed or discouraged. Frustration and anxiety over unemployment can make you lose your motivation. To stay motivated looking for a job, take care of your mental health. Get regular exercise, eat well, and talk to your family and friends about your feelings toward your job search.