How To Stay Young
Find out how to stay young with these simple tips. It is true that age is a state of mind, but doing things for physical health can also go a long way in slowing the aging process. Learn how to stay young and enjoy your life no matter how old you are.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Raw fruits and veggies especially are not only packed with vitamins and minerals, but also enzymes, antioxidants, and fiber. Eating plenty of these fresh foods and even drinking fresh juices will help you to stay young and it will reduce some of the common signs of aging such as wrinkles and age spots.
- Take nutritional supplements. As the body ages it can become more difficult for nutrients to be absorbed. Supplementing with certain vitamins and minerals can help to make up for nutritional deficiencies that could be prodding the aging process right along. While supplements are not magic pills, they can help you stay young. Try silica for youthful skin, hair, and nails, the B-complex vitamins to help prevent memory loss, and vitamin C to act as a free radical scavenger in the body.
- Watch your sun exposure. UVA and UVB rays cause free radical damage on surface and deeper layers of the skin. Be sure to wear sufficient sun block when outside and consider physical sun block such as a wide-brimmed hat. Excess sun exposure can really age the skin and even contribute to thinning hair.
- Take epsom salt baths. How does an epsom salt bath help you to stay young? Epsom salts are magnesium sulfate crystals. Absorbing these two minerals into the body through the skin helps to slow the aging process. Magnesium prevents the calcification or hardening of tissue. Sulfur protects against the harmful effects of radiation and pollution.
- Stay physically active. To stay young you have to stay physically active through the years. This includes going for walks and bike rides, playing games such as soccer, basketball, golf, or even chasing your children, grandchildren, nieces or nephews around the backyard.
- Stay mentally active. Just as you have to exercise the physical body to retain proper function, you have to exercise the mind if you want to stay young and bright mentally. Read books, engage in stimulating conversations with other people, do something creative. Basically, keep the juices flowing and you'll be just as engaging at 80 as you are at 30.
While you will age technically each year, using these tips for how to stay young can immensely impact how old you look, feel, and truly are.