How To Stop Armpit Odor
Want to learn how to stop armpit odor? This is a common problem for many people worldwide. No matter what your age or gender, most people want to smell clean and fresh. Good hygiene is essential. Who wants to be stinky? Not you, my friend!
In order to stop armpit odor, you will need:
- Hydrogen peroxide three percent
- Antibiotic cream
- Antibacterial soap
- Begin by washing your armpits with the antibacterial soap. After washing and rinsing, apply hydrogen peroxide to the armpits. Rinse with water. Blot dry. Armpit odor is caused by bacteria. Many people assume the smell is from sweat, but the sweat itself is odorless. The goal is to kill the smelly bacteria.
- Use the towel to make sure your armpits are completely dry. Once they are dry, add a small dab of antibiotic cream. Allow it to soak in. This will kill all the bacteria remaining. You may want to apply this before bed, too.
- When the cream has soaked into the armpits, you can add the antiperspirant. Choose both a deodorant and antiperspirant in one. You can select a solid, spray, or gel. There are a lot of ingredients in antiperspirant, but the active ingredient is what matters most. Turn over your current stick of antiperspirant and you will see either aluminum chloride, aluminum hydroxybromide, aluminum zirconium tricholorohydrex glycine, or aluminum chlorohydrate. Aluminum causes ducts to swell. The swelling reduces the amount of moisture each duct can pass.
- Allow the armpits to dry. Before stepping into the heat, make sure your antiperspirant has dried completely.