Need to know how to stop being addicted to television? How about using other forms of entertainment? With all the technology that is out here, you shouldn't have a problem with ending your addiction fast. See the ideas below that will help you do this.
- Listen to your radio. Radio has great broadcasting. In the last five years, there has been radio programs that have expanded from radio to cable television. Try following AM radio programs, AM radio has a myriad of talk shows that might replace the entertainment value of television.
- Read about something you like. Find a topic you like reading about. This will help to take your mind off of watching TV. It can be as simple as reading the sports section of your newspaper. If you are addicted to television, investing yourself in a series of books, with recurring characters, might interest you. Many television programs and popular films are adapted from books, so look up your favorite show and see if perhaps there is a book that you can trace back to the show.
- Surf the internet. The internet is a great way to entertain yourself to keep you from watching TV too much. There is great content and videos to keep you busy for hours.
- Play sports outside. Go to your local park and play basketball outside or call up your friends and play hard court tennis. If you can, work out a weekly schedule when you and your friends can meet, this will cut down on your TV viewing hours considerably. Being outside and getting active will increase your energy and give you a feeling television can not. By setting up weekly or even daily meetings with friends to spend time outdoors, you will be more likely to stick to going out, instead of getting sucked into your habitual television viewing.
- Work on your "things to do" list. Make a list of everything that needs to get done and spend time on these things. This will help to keep you focused on more constructive tasks that will help to maximize your time. Do not allow yourself to indulge in television until your daily list is complete.