How To Stop Cheating On Spouse
Learn about how to stop cheating on spouse, if you don’t want the marriage to end. If your spouse already knows about your cheating than drastic measures will have to be taken in order for you to stop cheating on your spouse. You will be taking a big risk of losing your spouse if she finds out you are still being unfaithful. Now if your spouse doesn’t know you are cheating and a guilty conscience has caught up with you. Then you will need a lot of will power and these tips to end your infidelity for good or face the horrible consequences.
- Severe all ties with the person you are cheating with. This may have started out as just a physical affair but it may have grown into something deeper. Breaking it off may be hard to do, especially if the other person involved doesn’t accept the end of the affair, because of her emotional ties. You can’t say you will break off the intimacy you shared with her and just remain friends; that will not work. If your spouse gets wind of that she will be ready to hang you up by your shorts.
- Figure out what caused you to cheat in the first place. To ensure you want feel the need to cheat again figure out what was missing in your marriage to make you look for affections in the arms of another woman. Did you feel neglected, did you grow apart from your spouse or you do you not feel content being with one person. Whatever the case maybe you have to resolve those issues if you want to stop cheating on your spouse.
- Improve the bond between you and your spouse. Obviously you and your spouse have lost your special connection. Start communicating more and show your significant other the attention and affection you have been showing to the woman, you have been cheating with.
- Avoid temptations. If you know it’s hard to resist coming on to other women, then avoid crowds. Such places as clubs, bars, parties and even malls, unless you are with your spouse.
- You have to be honest with your spouse about the affair. Not only do you need to be faithful to your spouse, but you need to be honest. In order to repair your marriage and get it back on track you will need to earn your wife trust. She may have intimate questions you do not wish to answer, but you need to put her first and answer them.
- Consider marriage counseling if you can’t stop on your own. If you feel you have lost control and can’t stop cheating voluntarily, you might need to seek counseling. Your spouse needs to be a part of this so the healing process can begin. You will need to be prepared however, for a possible emotional breakdown from your wife, after hearing details of the affair.
You should be proud that you are taking responsibility for your actions; and ready to make amends. Just try to avoid falling back into old patterns.