If your yard looks like a cratered moon, you may want to know how to stop a dog from digging. Some dogs seem compelled to dig, almost as if they are looking for buried treasure. Sometimes they are; they bury bones or toys and then go back to get them. Some dogs just dig for the sheer pleasure of making holes. Whatever the reason for a dog digging, you want to put an end to it. Here is a homemade recipe sure to stop a dog in their digging tracks.
- Hot sauce
- Peppermint essential oil
- Spray bottle
- Blender or food processor
- Peel five to six cloves of garlic and one medium onion. Dogs do not like the smell of garlic and onions.
- Place the garlic and onion in the food processor or blender along with one cup of water. Puree the mixture until there are no traces of the onion and garlic.
- Add two tablespoons of hot sauce to the mixture. Blend or whirl through your food processor again.
Let the mixture sit overnight at room temperature.
- Strain the mixture to remove any leftover solid pieces. Pour into a spray bottle and add six to eight drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Spray the mixture in areas where the dog likes to dig. The combination of garlic, onions and hot sauce will deter him from his digging ways.
Dogs destroy grass and gardens when they dig, and most owners want to stop the unwanted behavior. This solution will also stop dogs that dig under fences to escape the yard. These are all scents a dog does not like, and they will stay away from areas where this mixture has been sprayed.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …