Figuring out how to a stop dog from eating poop is a problem that humans have been learning to deal with for years. To humans, eating feces is disgusting, but to a dog, there is nothing wrong with it. That is why dogs will eat poop do until taught differently.
To stop a dog from eating poop, you will need:
- Chicken Flavored Flexible Pooch Pacifier
- Chew Ring Dog Toy
- Corn Cob Chew Dog Toy
- Doggie biscuit
- Rubbing his belly
- Dry cereal
- Unseasoned baked chicken
- For the dog that poops in the house and wants to eat his poop, it is the owner’s responsibility to ensure that the dog is kept busy, house trained and the area is free of feces. Give the dog some chew toys to play with so that he will not become bored and eat his poop while waiting for the owner to clean it up. Even well trained house dogs will have accidents, so when this happens, teach your dog not to eat his own poop by showing him that is not what you want him to do, instead show the dog that he should just leave the poop where it is until you are able to come clean it up.
- When you notice your dog smelling poop his own poop, distract him and give him a reward for being obedient. Make sure that you are consistently rewarding your dog for his good behavior. Your dog will learn that smelling and eating poop is not pleasing to his owner and so he will stop doing that behavior just for the reward he knows that he will receive.
- Eating poop outside is detrimental to your dog’s health because in a human’s perspective it could have diseases in it that can hurt your dog. Putting a muzzle on your dog will stop him from eating poop when outside and this way he will only be able to smell the poop. While the dog is outside give him plenty of exercise so that he will focus on the activity at hand instead of looking for poop to eat.
- If you are still having problems with your dog eating his poop, there are foods that the dog will eat with his food, but you will see that he will not eat his poop after he’s eaten any of these foods. For some reason, these foods must make the poop taste terrible to the dog and he will avoid it all together. Whatever method works to keep your dog from eating poop is great! If you have tried several methods and none of them are working, take your dog to the veterinarian just to make sure he is not sick. Once you get a clean bill of health from the doctor, keep trying different methods. Do not stress too much about it, because dogs usually outgrow this disgusting habit. There are several different methods used by dog owners to stop this habit but it is up to you to be consistent in figuring out which method will work for your dog’s habit.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.