There are many ways to show you how to stop a runny nose. A runny nose can be caused by allergic rhinitis, cold, flu or simple hay fever. A runny nose is very irritating and a nuisance causing you to have breathing problems at time. There are natural remedies that will stop this fast and then there are the over-the-counter drugs that may make you drowsy. You have to decide which is better for you to stop your runny nose and help you get back to feeling good again.
In order to stop a runny nose you will need:
- Natural medicines: colloidal silver, Nigella sativa and cayenne
- Salt water solutions
- Pan for the steam inhalation
- Over the counter medicines
- Mexican and Thai food for heat
- Homemade Salt Solution. This works immediately to stop a runny nose, but may burn if your nostrils are red and inflamed. Simply take one cup of water and one tablespoon of salt and heat on the stove. When the salt is combined well, remove to cool. Place some of the solution in a cupped hand and push the water in each nostril, inhaling and blowing out. For those who are not that brave, you can use an eye dropper to inhale the homemade saline solution.
- Did You Say Mexican and Thai Food for Lunch? Yes, that is true. Hot and spicy foods will stop a runny nose, and it can be very fun too. The hotter the food the better. Thai food is notoriously hotter than Mexican food. If you want to simply heat up your throat then go for some cayenne pepper and water washes. Mix one half teaspoon to one teaspoon of cayenne with a half cup of water and drink. If you need some help add in some honey.
- Steam Inhalation. Heat some water in a tea kettle or in a regular pan. When the water is boiling rapidly, lean over and inhale the steam. It may be better to put a towel over your head to get the full affect. Steam seems to be the one common denominator when looking for how to stop a runny nose.
- Do Decongestants Work? Many will run to the pharmacy to get a medicine to stop the runny nose, but in the end that medicine may come with many side effects. Decongestants make you drowsy and so exercising should be avoided during that time as you may fall and hurt yourself. There are some non-drowsy formulas to consider, if you decide on that route.
- Nigella Sativa Treats Runny Nose Symptoms. In the American Journal of Otolaryngology, October 18, 2010, it was stated that Nigella sativa treats allergy rhinitis symptoms including: runny nose, congestion and sneezing attacks. The journal further states that over-the-counter medicine may not be necessary. The proper way to use Nigella sativa (commonly called black cumin, black seed and kalonji) is to take two teaspoons daily of the oil mixed with juice or raw honey. Also, you should put a few drops at the base of both nostrils.
- Colloidal Silver Remedies the Cold and Flu. Colloidal silver or silver water treats many illnesses as it can kill the bacteria and viruses associated with the flu and colds. Never mix salt with colloidal silver as this may cause the silver to become toxic. Simply spraying your throat three times daily or taking one teaspoon of the water will eliminate the cold and its symptoms. A few tiny drops may be placed at the base of the nostrils for runny nose symptoms.
- Chicken Soup. No matter what you have–a cold, flu or allergy problem–mom will always suggest chicken soup for the cure. Chicken soup is even suggested by the Mayo Clinic along with the use of a humidifier, steam, saline drops and lots and lots of water. Now we wonder ,does the chicken soup really relieve the runny nose or is it the fact that someone cared enough to make you something special?
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!