How To Stop Tooth Pain
A toothache can be bothersome but many home remedies can be helpful if you're wondering how to stop tooth pain. Tooth pain can be minor or severe. Many factors can contribute to your pain. If your pain is severe and lasts more than three to five days, you should seek medical attention.
To stop tooth pain you will need:
- Pain reliever
- Dental floss
- Avoid biting. If you must chew food, try chewing on the side of your mouth where you aren’t experiencing any pain. Chewing on the tooth that is hurting can make it worse.
- Use ice. Sucking on ice can numb your tooth. Place the ice near the tooth to help ease the pain. You can even try massaging the ice on the tooth. Try doing this for at least two to three days.
- Avoid cold air. If you have to be out in cold weather, be sure to keep your mouth closed. Cold air can irritate your tooth. If closing your mouth further irritates your tooth, you should seek a dentist.
- Take a pain reliever. You may purchase an over the counter pain reliever. Try taking a pain reliever every four to six hours.
- Mix a salt water mixture. Mix one teaspoon of salt with eight ounces of water. Rinse with this mixture once in the morning and at bedtime.
- Floss. Use a gentle motion and floss to be sure that you don’t have a piece of food stuck in between your teeth. Don’t force the dental floss between your teeth is your gums are too sore.