Need to know how to store hunting clothes? All good things must come to an end, and when it happens to be hunting season that's ending, there are a few neat tips on how to store hunting clothes that may give you a jump start on the next hunting season. For most avid hunters, hunting gear is an investment and should be stored properly when not in use. There are a few simple things you can do that will give you an advantage when hunting season rolls around again.
To properly store hunting clothes, you will need:
- Pine cones
- Pine branches containing needles
- Dried leaves
- A plastic container, with lid
- Scent-free laundry detergent
- Scent-free dryer sheets
- Obtain pine cones, small pine branches that have pine needles still intact, dried leaves, pine bark and any other woodsy materials (which are dried) from the woods. It doesn’t take a lot as you’re going to be storing your clothes with these items in the plastic container, so don’t get more than your container will hold.
Purchase a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid. The container's size will depend on the amount of hunting clothes you need to store. It should be large enough to hold your hunting gear and the items gathered from the woods.
- Wash your hunting gear using a scent-free laundry detergent. While there are detergents made specifically for hunting, any scent-free laundry detergent will suffice since the hunting gear is going into storage for several months. Using a generic scent-free detergent will also be less expensive than a name brand.
- Dry your hunting gear in the dryer along with a couple of scent-free dryer sheets, or line dry outdoors.
- Fold your hunting gear and pack it into the plastic container along with the items you gathered from the woods.
- Place the lid on the container securely and store it until next hunting season.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.