How To Store Music On A Blackberry Curve 8900
Need to know how to store music on a BlackBerry Curve 8900? No matter what phone we get, we all want to know how we can store music, get ringtones or the like. Fortunately, your BlackBerry Curve 8900 already has a built-in media player. So, it is a very easy process to get music on your BlackBerry Curve 8900. Here are the steps:
To store music on your BlackBerry Curve 8900, you will need:
- A computer
- Your BlackBerry Curve 8900
- A media card
- Ensure that your PC has the BlackBerry desktop manager installed. If you have purchased your BlackBerry Curve 8900 brand new, then you should have had a disc come with it. That disc is for you to install on your computer so that you can easily sync to your BlackBerry Curve 8900. Please note that without the BlackBerry desktop manager, you may not be able to sync anything at all on some BlackBerry models.
- Ensure that you have a media card installed into your BlackBerry Curve 8900. Without a media card installed into your BlackBerry, you may have very limited space. Without it, you may only be able to store four songs, if any at all. Please note that anything above a 4GB media card could result in un-detection of it by the BlackBerry Curve.
- Connect your BlackBerry Curve 8900 to your computer. You will be using a USB cable to complete this step. Your computer should detect your BlackBerry Curve 8900 within seconds. Sometimes, your PC may not detect the BlackBerry at all, but the desktop manager will. That is why it is important to have the software installed.
- Open the music location on your computer. You should be familiar with where your music is located on your computer. On most computers, you can find your music from the Start menu. Once you locate the music, then proceed to step five.
- Open the music folder from the desktop manager. When you find the music folder from the desktop manager, open it. The folder should display all of the music that is present on your BlackBerry Curve 8900, if any at all. Please make sure that the music folder is open so that you do not accidently add music to a sub-folder. The music could become undetected by the BlackBerry if media is not placed in the right folder.
- Click and drag music. Drag the selected music from the location on your computer to the BlackBerry's music folder. It should automatically sync each song instantly after it is dropped into the BlackBerry's music folder. Please be knowledgeable of your media card space and select music according to that.