Knowing how to stretch after lifting weights is significant to your workout experience. Stretching helps to increase blood supply to the muscles. Stretching properly will reduce the risk of injury, release muscle tension, and can improve posture.
- Stretch your hip flexors and quadriceps. Step forward with your left foot, keeping your right knee bent. Be sure your buttocks is tucked under your hips. You should feel your upper thigh and right hip stretching. Hold this position for about 30 seconds. Repeat with the other leg.
- Stretch your hamstrings. Standing near a wall, place your left leg on a slightly raised surface, like a step or some books. Keep your standing knee bent and hips forward. Slowly bend your right knee until you feel a slight stretch in the back of your left thigh. Feel free to bend forward a little at your hips, for a stronger stretch. Hold and then repeat with your other leg.
- Perform squats. Stand with your feet being hip distance apart. Slightly turn your feet outward. Squeeze in your buttocks and bend your knees to lower your body. While doing this stretch, keep your feet flat. Be sure to keep your knees from going past your toes. You can repeat this handy weigtlifting stretch 30 times.
- Stretch your biceps. Stand straight, with your knees slightly bent. Your legs should be hip distance apart. Raise your arms until your body forms a T shape. Turn your arms so that your palm faces behind you. Hold this stretch for 30 seconds. This stretch is great when cooling down from a weight lifting routine.
- Stretch your triceps. For this this stretch, you will also stand with your legs hip distance apart. Bend your right arm at the elbow and lift arm so that it is near your head. Put your fingers on the back of your shoulder blade. Lift the other arm to grab the bent elbow. Hold this stretching position for 30 seconds and repeat with other arm.
- Stretch your forearms. After lifting weights, a lot of people forget to stretch the forearm. Stretching the forearm should always be apart of your stretch routine. Make sure shoulders are leveled. Place your hands together as if in a praying position. Move the bottom of your palms down, making them level with the wrists. To really feel the stretch, hold it for 30 seconds.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."