You should learn how to stretch hamstrings to keep your leg muscles from getting too tight. It is a good idea to stretch your hamstrings even if you don’t workout all the time. It doesn’t take much time and you will keep your legs loose so you can avoid cramping up.
To stretch hamstrings you need:
- Comfortable clothing
- Sit on the ground and spread your legs out to the sides to stretch your hamstrings. Point your toes up and reach out for your left leg with both hands. Hold the stretch for a few seconds and then stretch your right leg. Do this stretch a few times to loosen up your hamstrings.
- Stand up and put one leg on a table to stretch your hamstrings. Reach for your toes with both of your hands to stretch your hamstrings. Switch legs and stretch your other hamstring. If you start to lose your balance put a chair next to you to hold onto.
- Sit back down and put your legs in front of you with your feet together. Point your toes up and then reach for them with both hands at the same time. Hold the stretch for a few seconds and then sit back up. Do this exercise every time you stretch your hamstrings.
- Stand up and spread your legs to the sides. Keep your feet flat on the ground and then reach down and try to touch the toes on your left foot. Repeat the stretch for the right leg to stretch the other hamstring.
- Stay in the standing position and then squat down to stretch your hamstrings. Keep your legs spread, your head up and your back straight during this stretch. Put your hands on your hips or extend both arms out in front of you if you want. Do at least five stretches or more if you still don’t feel loose.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Cooking With Booze: Stiegl Radler Crockpot Carnitas
Perfect hot-weather tacos, with pork simmered in summer beer.
Liev Schreiber Is a Bit Nicer Than Ray Donovan
With Season 2 underway, the actor explains how he relates to the nefarious character he plays.
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Game of Thrones bloopers, sex geckos and more conversation starters for any social situation.