How To Stretch Lower Back
If you have a sore back you should learn how to stretch lower back muscles to help relieve some of your pain. You should also try and stretch your lower back every day to stay limber, especially if you exercise. It doesn’t take much time to give your back a good stretch, and by staying loose you can help prevent an injury from happening.
To stretch lower back you need:
- Comfortable clothing
- Sit on the ground with your legs out in front of you to stretch your lower back. Slowly reach for your toes and stop once your lower back muscles start to get tight. Sit back up and then do another stretch. Repeat this as many times as you like to help stretch your lower back.
- Lie down on the ground and pull your knees up toward you. Hold your knees in your arms and then slowly rock back and forth in this position to stretch your lower back. Do this stretch for a few minutes and then see how your back feels.
- Stay on the ground and lie down flat on your back. Lift one of your legs toward you and grab behind the knee with both hands. Pull the leg toward your chest and hold it in this position for a few seconds. Repeat the stretch with your other leg.
- Roll over onto your stomach to stretch your lower back in a different position. Put your arms by your sides and then raise your head and shoulders off of the ground. Hold the stretch for a few seconds and then relax your position. Do this as often as you like to stretch your lower back muscles.
- You can also stretch your lower back while you are sitting in a chair. Lean forward and try to touch your toes from this position. Do not move too fast or you might hurt your lower back muscles. Repeat this exercise many times during the day whenever you feel some stiffness in your lower back.