Need to learn how to stretch your hip muscles? When you stretch your hip muscles properly you reduce your chances of injury and pain. Your hips may be stiff due to a sedentary lifestyle, so get moving before further complications arise. There are several ways to stretch your hip muscles.
- Use acupuncture or massage. Acupuncture and massage are both natural approaches to treating physical discomfort. They are effective in relaxing and stretching tight muscles and have virtually no side effects. Many health insurance plans will cover the treatments.
- Perform squats. Performing a series of squats daily will stretch your hip muscles. Gradually increase the number of squats you do each day. Make sure you hold on to the edge of a table or bar to support your body as you squat.
- Try belly dancing. Belly dancing will get those hips moving and shaking. Stretch your hip muscles while belly dancing to your favorite tunes. Invite a few friends to join you and have a blast!
- Rotate your thighs. Sit in a comfortable chair with your feet planted flat on the floor. Keep your back straight while slowly rotating your thighs inwards and outwards to stretch your hip muscles.
- Practice knee pulls. Knee pulls will stretch your hip muscles and strengthen your lower back. Sit on the floor with your legs together and stretched out straight in front of you. Slowly pull your knees up to your chest. Alternate between pulling the knees up together and one at a time. After your hips muscles are flexible and stretch properly, keep your hips in shape by maintaining an active life. Take a walk, go for a swim!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?