When determining how to structure a catering sales salary, remember that such a salary should be based on the catering company itself. If the company is a relatively new company, avoid base salaries when structuring sales salary until the sales staff proves they can book events. After that evidence has helped supply a healthy income for the business, add base salary potential when you structure your catering sales salary.
To structure a catering sales salary, you will need:
- Knowledge of the finances of the company
- A sales staff that is willing to work on commission
- Structure your catering sales salary on commission only to start. That commission can be a flat fee or a percentage of the revenue produced by each event booked. If it's based on the cost of the event, set one percentage for commission up to a certain cost of the event. Once the event is above that cost threshold, offer a higher percentage as a bonus for booking high-revenue events.
- Offer bonuses based on volume when you structure a catering sales salary. Determine your goal for how many events each salesperson should book each month. Award a bonus to those that exceed that amount. As an example, if your goal is fifteen events per salesperson, offer a $100 bonus for each event above fifteen. This will encourage your sales team to increase their sales volume.
- Offer the opportunity to earn a base salary when you set up the catering sales salary. This should be reserved for your most consistent producers. If a salesperson books at least fifteen events per month for six months in a row, offer a small salary on top of his commission as a reward. This production is reviewed every three months. If the salesperson's average drops below fifteen events per month, the base salary option is removed until his next three-month review.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?