When determining how to structure a catering sales salary, remember that such a salary should be based on the catering company itself. If the company is a relatively new company, avoid base salaries when structuring sales salary until the sales staff proves they can book events. After that evidence has helped supply a healthy income for the business, add base salary potential when you structure your catering sales salary.
To structure a catering sales salary, you will need:
- Knowledge of the finances of the company
- A sales staff that is willing to work on commission
- Structure your catering sales salary on commission only to start. That commission can be a flat fee or a percentage of the revenue produced by each event booked. If it's based on the cost of the event, set one percentage for commission up to a certain cost of the event. Once the event is above that cost threshold, offer a higher percentage as a bonus for booking high-revenue events.
- Offer bonuses based on volume when you structure a catering sales salary. Determine your goal for how many events each salesperson should book each month. Award a bonus to those that exceed that amount. As an example, if your goal is fifteen events per salesperson, offer a $100 bonus for each event above fifteen. This will encourage your sales team to increase their sales volume.
- Offer the opportunity to earn a base salary when you set up the catering sales salary. This should be reserved for your most consistent producers. If a salesperson books at least fifteen events per month for six months in a row, offer a small salary on top of his commission as a reward. This production is reviewed every three months. If the salesperson's average drops below fifteen events per month, the base salary option is removed until his next three-month review.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.