Learn how to study for the gerontology nurse exam by contacting the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The exam has a total of 175 questions but you are only graded on 150 questions. The other 25 questions are just pretest questions and they will not count against you if you answer any of the questions incorrectly. Put in enough time studying for the exam, and you can become a gerontology certified nurse. As a gerontology nurse, you will be caring for the elderly. You can expect to make $43,000 to $92,000 a year according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Things you'll need:
- Gerontological Nurse Test Outline Packet.
- Pen or Pencil to take notes and study.
- Registered Nurse Licensed in the US.
- Master's Degree
- Prepare to study for the gerontology nurse exam by finding out what gerontology nursing information is going to be on the exam. Call (800) 284-2378 and ask the department for a copy of the Gerontology Nurse Practitioner Board Certification Test Content Outline. Request the March 1, 2010 effective date of the test content outline and ask that this outline be mailed to you at your home address.
- Read and study the gerontology nurse practitioner board certification test content outline to help you pass the gerontology nurse exam. Review and understand page one of the outline which will tell you to learn and master the three categories and the three domains of gerontology practice. Broaden your knowledge of how to study for the test by reading the chart that shows the number of questions for each category and the percentage of the questions for each category.
- Set aside time to study each domain of practice in the test content outline to help you pass the gerontology nurse exam. Begin by studying category one which is the Foundations of Advanced Nursing Practice to see what material may appear on the exam. Develop an understanding of the Clinical Assessment category because during the exam, you may have to answer questions about how to perform a comprehensive physical exam on a patient. Read the Clinical Management section to broaden your knowledge about how to conduct gerontology research and the decision-making process because these questions are part of the test. These are the steps you take to study for the gerontology exam.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.