How To Style Short Emo Hair
When you want to learn how to style short emo hair, you shouldn’t have to go awkwardly ask emo veterans how they style their hair in the mornings. Instead, you can find this out right here and begin wowing your friends and the ladies with your new trendy hairstyle. Styling short emo hair isn’t hard, and after a few attempts, you’ll have it perfect.
To style short emo hair, you will need:
- Short hair
- Blow dryer
- Hair straightener
- Hair spray with strong hold
- Hair dye (optional)
- The first step in obtaining that trendy short emo hair is washing it. If you’ve ever noticed, people with emo hair are very cautious about the way their do looks. You’re going to need a squeaky clean head of hair before starting. Also, clean hair is easy to work with as it can hold up better in certain styles, including the short emo hair style.
- Once you’re done washing your hair, it’s time to blow dry your hair and straighten it. Pay attention when you’re blow drying your hair, as you should be blow drying it to a certain side from the back of the head. Blow drying it to a certain side will help your style to hold up better, and your hair will be much easier to work with.
- Once you’ve finished flow drying, you will then need to straighten it. You may have never touched a hair straightener before, but the process is pretty straightforward. Take a small amount of hair and clamp it near the scalp with the straightener. Run your hair slowly through it, and you will notice that it becomes straighter. Be patient with straightening your hair, as it can take up to 45 minutes to an hour in some cases (depending on how straight you’d like it).
- Once your hair is straightened, you will be ready to give it the emo shape. Using the hair spray and your fingers, run your fingers upward through the hair on the back of your head and hair spray it at the same time. Spiked hair on the back of the head is natural to any short emo hair style.
- Once you’ve finished working with the hair on the back of your head, it’s time to finish styling the front. Tilt your head to the side so that your hair falls naturally to the side that you’d like it to lie on. Begin spraying your hair sparingly to help it hold to that side. Don’t expect your first go around with this hair style to work out perfectly. Getting the short emo hair style just right takes time and practice. Before long, you’ll find it perfectly easy to style short emo hair, and your friends might even be asking you to do their’s.
- If you want enhance your hair style, you can dye some of your hair a flashy color such as purple or red. It’s common to see chunks of color in emo hair, but you can be as creative as you’d like to with it.