Friendships can, and often do, evolve to the point that you find yourself wondering how to subtly flirt with your best friend. When feelings do change towards a best friend, there is the dilemma of how to approach that change without marring an established friendship. The aggressive approach is not under normal circumstances the best approach, especially when wanting to save face and prevent an uncomfortable shift in your existing relationship as a friend.
- Compliment her on her appearance. Don't go overboard and create an ode to her beauty. Flirt with your best friend by pointing out that you like her new hairstyle or that she looks pretty in a new outfit.
- Make physical contact whenever possible. Once again, this doesn't mean be overly aggressive or all hands. Small gestures, like brushing a stray hair out of her face, letting your fingers linger or rubbing her arms when you see she is cold are all ways to subtly flirt with your best friend in a physical manner.
- Do something thoughtful. Because she is your best friend, you are in a unique position to know her likes and dislikes. Treating her to something that she enjoys is a way to subtly flirt while still being a good friend.
- Tell her what you like about her. You are best friends for a reason, which makes telling her what you like about her easy. Is it how she laughs, her smile or the fact that you have many common interests? Said with sincerity, this very subtle form of flirting conveys interest without going over the top.
- Make eye contact. When you are together, be sure to make eye contact. Don't stare, but allow your looks to linger just long enough to convey a possible interest but not so long as to be uncomfortable.
- Look your best. Because you are friends, you've seen each other at your worst. Chances are that when you are together, you don't often take time to dress to impress. A change for the best in appearance may turn the tables and have your best friend subtly flirting with you!
Once you've mastered how to subtly flirt you will have opened the door to potentially changing the nature of your friendship. The key when flirting with your best friend, is to take it slow and convey your changing emotions through touch, attentiveness and thoughtfulness.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.