Are you wondering how to survive an adulterous affair? Hopefully this will never happen to you, but the fact of the matter is that, in today's society, it is a regular occurrence. Just because someone has had an adulterous affair doesn't mean the relationship has to end. This is easier said than done, but the truth is that it can be done. It all depends on how much both parties want it to work. In order to survive such a thing, both people need to be in it with all of their heart. With that being said, here is how to survive an adulterous affair.
- First and foremost, the adulterer in the relationship needs to be one hundred percent up front and honest about the affair. Without this, there is no way that the relationship has any hope of survival.
- After everything is laid out on the table, both parties need to determine if they want the relationship to survive and if both are willing to put in the work to do so.
- If the answer is yes then you need to sit down and determine why the other person cheated in the first place. If it is due to not being satisfied or feeling of being treated poorly, then those issues need to be addressed. If changes are agreed upon, talks about how specifically the one partner needs to change in order to get rid of the desire to cheat. This is the beginning of being able to survive an adulterous affair.
- Once those steps are completed, both parties need to agree to forgive one another for any hurt feelings and for the action of the adultery in general. If this cannot be accepted or completed, then there is no way that you can survive the adulterous affair. Forgiveness needs to be sincere and carried out. The idea of forgiving and forgetting is easier said than done and often impossible, but forgiveness is a must for there to be any chance of surviving the adulterous affair.
- After that is agreed upon, both of you need to look into some counseling. This counseling needs to be in mutual agreement or else it will be attempted with one feeling resentment for having to go. This will not work at all.
Hopefully you never find yourself having to deal with an cheating in any of your relationships, but if you do, this is how you should go about attempting to survive the adulterous affair; that is, if the relationship is worth saving.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.