If you are planning on attending one of the most famous music festivals in the United States, you may need to know how to survive Coachella. Coachella is formally known as the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival that's located in Indio, California, in the Coachella Valley. It's a 3-day musical festival that is sometimes billed as the modern day Woodstock, although it's typically more about music and partying than music and peace making. Coachella does get some amazing musical acts, and you're sure to have a great time if you opt to go.
- Make sure that you will be able to attend the festival before buying your Coachella concert tickets. There are no exchanges, cancellations or refunds.
- Be prepared for the desert heat. After all, its host city, Indio, California, is part of the Colorado Desert. It's not uncommon for temperatures to get over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Drink plenty of water and also bring plenty of sunscreen to slather on your skin to avoid sunburns.
- Bring sweaters and warmer clothes, too. Temperatures can drop at night. Layers are a great idea. Keep them in the car during the day, then go back and layer up at night. You can also bring a backpack for your layers if you don't want to leave the festival.
- Get to know the many stages and areas where bands play continuously. Find out in advance where they are in relation to concert times, so that you make sure that you see all of your favorite acts. The Oasis Dome, Gobi Tent, Mojave Tent, Sahara Tent and the Coachella Stage are just some of the venues set up for showcasing the talented bands and musical artists at Coachella.
- Keep in mind that more things may be allowed at the Coachella festival than you realize. Cigarettes are allowed, so you may want to be prepared with a a pack, or a few, if you are a smoker, or be prepared to deal with smokers if that's not your thing. Also, backpacks, hats, sun block, lighters and cell phones are all perfectly okay to bring along to the shows. Digital, disposable and film cameras are all allowed, as long as they're not professional.
- Know what's forbidden on the Coachella festival grounds before you show up. This will save you frustration, returning to your hotel or car and wasted time. Coachella attendees are not allowed to bring any musical instruments to the festival and are especially prohibited from bringing drugs. No knives or weapons of any kind are allowed either. Blankets and outside food and drinks are fobidden, so are chains and chain wallets. Tents, flags, chairs, and camelpacks must be left at home. Stuffed animals and pets are equally forbidden. Video cameras, audio recording devices, and professional cameras must not be brought to Coachella.
- It probably goes without saying again, but drugs are forbidden at all Coachella festival concerts and events. In order to survive Coachella, you're better off staying away from them outside of the festival as well.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.