How To Survive Unemployment
In today’s poor economy, many people need to know how to survive unemployment. Most people think that surviving unemployment is strictly financial in nature, but the truth is there is more to it than that. Here are the things you need to do to survive unemployment.
- Cut your expenses down. In order to endure unemployment you have to make what money you do have lasts. So start finding every way possible to cut back. Turn down your thermostat, start clipping coupons, cancel your cable and reduce your cell phone plan. Remember that every dollar you save is important to getting you through to your next job.
- Find ways to make money until you find another job. Just because you are unemployed does not mean you can not make money. Donate plasma, mow lawns or even write articles online to bring in some money to help get you through. You are not going to be looking for a job every minute of the day, so find ways to make money in your spare time.
- Schedule when you are going to go job hunting. It is all too easy to sit at home when you should be looking for a job, so make looking for a job your work. Set aside a few hours each day to put in applications and make phone calls. Doing so will keep you from sitting at home in your pajamas.
- Constantly look for opportunities. Whenever you go to the store or get together with friends, keep an eye our for work possibilities. Look for “Now Hiring” signs and listen for people saying they need help. You never know when an opportunity might show up, so always be prepared for it.
- Get together with friends and family. Above all, be sure to have fun with the people you care about. It can be very easy to hide in your home when you are unemployed due to depression and lack of money, so make a conscious effort not to. Find cheap things to do for fun so you can unwind. Remember, your family and friends are the people who will always be there for you, so lean on them to help you survive your unemployment.