Have you ever become frustrated with your mono television almost to the point of yelling “I don’t know how to switch my television to stereo sound”? Stereo sound offers a clearer quality than mono because the sounds are being reproduced by two speakers instead of one. It takes only a few minutes and some supplies to switch a television to stereo sound.
To switch a television to stereo sound you will need the following items:
- A television with audio out ports.
- RCA audio cables
- A stereo or speaker system with audio in ports.
- Depending on the size of the television and the location of the audio ports, this might be the hardest step. Find the audio out ports on the television. Usually, the audio out ports are in the back of the television to keep wires from hanging in front of entertainment centers, but sometimes the ports are in the front.
- Connect the RCA audio cables to the television. There should be two audio cables that are color coded red and a white. Both cables are not needed to switch a television to stereo sound. Stereo sound quality will be affected by not connecting both cables, but the overall quality of the stereo sound will be better than mono.
- Insert the RCA audio cables into the stereo sound system. Stereos or surround sound systems will always have both the red and white ports. If the television does not have both audio ports, do not connect both to the stereo sound system. This will still switch the television to stereo sound.
Depending on the manufacture date, it may not be possible to switch a television to stereo sound. Models from the late 80's and early to mid 90's usually don't have the audio out ports needed to switch to stereo sound.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …