How To Sync Music To My Blackberry 8830
If you are a new Blackerry 8830 owner, you may be wondering, "Will it be hard to learn how to sync music to my Blackberry 8830?" This process is quite easy; however, the initial setup for the software does take a bit of time. For more information, read on to learn how to sync music to a Blackberry 8830.
To sync music to a Blackberry 8830, you will need to meet the minimum requirements:
- Computer with Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows XP SP2 or Mac OSX
- iTunes version 7.7.1 or later or Windows Media Player version 10 or later
- Blackberry device software version 4.2 or later
- Memory card
- Blackberry 8830
- USB cord
To synch music to a Blackberry 8830:
- Visit the official Blackberry website to download the Blackberry desktop software. Be sure to choose the correct version depending on if you use a Windows PC or a Mac.
- Install the software, including reading and agreeing to the software licensing terms. Follow the prompts to install the software, restarting your computer after installation is complete.
- Launch the Blackberry desktop software. Be sure the memory card is inserted, then connect the phone to your computer using the USB cable. The software should detect your Blackberry 8830 and display the details of the phone on the screen.
- Click the Music category in the left sidebar. Click the Synch Music checkbox. Select if you'd like to sync all music or only selected playlists. If you chose selected playlists, pick which playlists you'd like to add by checking the box by each playlist you wish to add. If desired, check the box to add random music to the free space on the memory card. Keep an eye on the free space, as noted in the Blackberry desktop software, because free space may limit the amount of music you can add.
- Click the green Sync button in the upper right corner of the program to begin the sync process. Follow the prompts and wait as your sync process is completed.
- Press the eject button in the lower right of the Blackberry desktop software. Disconnect from the USB cord and computer. Check that the music successfully was added to your Blackberry 8830.