How To Take Apart Blackberry Curve
If you would like to learn how to tape apart the BlackBerry Curve, then odds are, you would like to change the outer cover of the phone. BlackBerry gives users the option of changing the color so that you never get bored with the look of your BlackBerry Curve. Completely taking apart the phone can also help you troubleshoot problems with the BlackBerry Curve.
Completing this task requires:
- T5 screwdriver
- Flathead screwdriver
- Slide off the back cover of your BlackBerry Curve. This is also known as the battery door. Push upward and the cover should slide right off.
- Remove the bottom cover. Wedge the flathead screwdriver into the top of the cover and slide it downward. This will allow you to remove it easily.
- Use the T5 screwdriver to remove the top screws. The T5 screwdriver is very tiny and will be removing tiny screws, so have a container ready to prevent losing them. The first two screws are located on the back of the BlackBerry curve on either side of the top.
- Run the flathead screwdriver along the edges. Once the screws are removed, you can run a panel along the edges of the BlackBerry Curve.
- Pull of the front panel along with the keyboard. Once you loosen the casing, taking apart the BlackBerry Curve will be easy. The keyboard should pretty much come with the front panel.
- Flip over the BlackBerry Curve so the keyboard assembly is facing you. Use the T5 screwdriver to unscrew the screws that are located on each corner of the assembly below the BlackBerry Curve screen.
- Pull off the keyboard assembly. Once the four screws are removed, you can lift off the assembly. Then, you can slip off the side bars of the BlackBerry Curve.
- Separate the rest of the BlackBerry Curve. The back case can be pulled apart from the motherboard and LCD assembly.The frame around the LCD can also be lifted off.
- Pry off the LCD. Use your flathead screwdriver to wedge it beneath the LCD and lift it up. Your BlackBerry Curve will now be completely taken apart.
- Depending on the BlackBerry Curve model you have, you may need to remove anywhere from two to six screws.