Knowing how to take apart a PS3 Controller will be helpful, if either a button doesn't work or if it needs to be fixed. Some may also want to mod the PS3 controller for rapid fire or faster reload in online games. Whatever the case may be, the PS3 sixaxis controller may seem like a complex mechanism, but underneath the hood it is simple.
The items you will need to take apart a PS3 controller are:
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Cup (so you won't lose the small screws)
- To take apart a PS3 controller you will need a screwdriver. Unscrew the five screws in back of the PS3 controller. Place the PS3 controller buttons face down on a surface. Carefully lift the back of the PS3 controller with two fingers. If you do it too quickly the L2 and R2 buttons can come out, which can cause it to malfunction if you decide to use the controller again.
- Now you should be able to see the battery, rumble pads and circuit board. Take out the battery that is attached to the circuit board. A plastic plate that holds the battery in place will come out. Carefully slip out the rumble pads out of the socket. The rumble pads appear circular in shape.
- Before you decide to take the circuit board out, there is a tiny screw that holds it into place. Get your screwdriver and unscrew it. The screw is located at the bottom of the circuit board where the PS3 analog sticks are.
- Lift up the circuit board. The rumble pads should still be attached to the circuit board. Place it to the side.
- What you should now see is the touch pad function; it will appear in a foam casing. If you decide to mess with or misplace the touch pad, you will lose all functions of your PS3 controller. Lift the touch pad circuit board; it's a white board. The L2 and R2 buttons are going to be attached to the touch pad circuit board.
- What should now be left are the PS3 buttons, the directional pad, the select and start buttons and finally the LED lights. If you decide to mod your PS3 controller, you can easily take apart the pieces with your hands.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.