Figuring out how to take apart a Wii power supply can be a real pain if you don't know where to begin. If you are experiencing trouble with your Wii not powering on, then you might find it necessary to open up the power supply and have a look to see what is causing the issue. Follow these steps to learn exactly how to take apart a Wii power supply step by step.
To take apart a Wii power supply, you will need:
- Needle nose pliers
- A flathead screwdriver
- Unplug the power supply from both the Nintendo Wii and the wall outlet. Make sure it is unplugged from both. Place it somewhere besides directly on the carpet; a hard, smooth surface like a tabletop is best.
- Wait fifteen minutes and then try the power supply. Chances are you won't need to take apart that Wii power supply at all. That's because unplugging it and leaving it that way for around fifteen minutes will drain the capacitors, which will normally fix it. Do this before you proceed any further.
- Grasp the dimples of the proprietary screws on the power supply with your needle nose pliers. Luckily the screws have dimples that are lined up with one another. Thin pliers work best for this. Make sure you continue to grasp them firmly with the pliers.
- Unscrew all of the screws by twisting left. The screws are rather short and it should only take you four or five turns to have them completely free of the power brick.
- Use a flathead screwdriver to pry open the power brick and have a look inside. Chances are you have a burned-out fuse or overloaded capacitor that is causing it not to work.
Opening a power supply of any kind can put you at risk of electrical shock. Even when unplugged, power supplies contain capacitors, which retain electricity.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!