When you get tired of looking at the off-white color of your Xbox 360 controller and want to give it a fresh coat of paint, don't just slather it on with a paintbrush, first you need to learn how to take apart an Xbox 360 controller. Taking apart an Xbox 360 controller is the best way to paint it, so you don't accidentally get paint in places where it shouldn't go, but it can also be good to replace a defective button or to install a replacement cover. While the controller may look solid, with the right tools you can have it open and back together in a matter of minutes.
Things You Will Need:
- T8 screwdriver
- Pry stick
- X-acto knife
- Unplug the Xbox 360 controller and turn it over.
- Remove the six screws you can see on the back of the Xbox 360 controller. If your controller is wireless, remove the battery first. Use your T8 screwdriver to remove these screws.
- Peel up the UPC sticker to reveal the last screw. Remove this screw as well.
- Hold the front half of the Xbox 360 controller in one hand, and the rear half in another. Pull the two pieces apart, keeping the front half facing down so the buttons don't fall out. If you need to, insert your pry stick between the two halves to separate them. Pull the back cover away from the controller.
- Wiggle the grey bottom piece on the controller to release it. Remove it from the controller.
- Pull up on the control board to remove it. The two vibration units will dangle off of the board.
- Remove the soft plastic barrier that is over the buttons. Then remove the buttons. You have now taken apart your Xbox 360 controller.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.