When you get tired of looking at the off-white color of your Xbox 360 controller and want to give it a fresh coat of paint, don't just slather it on with a paintbrush, first you need to learn how to take apart an Xbox 360 controller. Taking apart an Xbox 360 controller is the best way to paint it, so you don't accidentally get paint in places where it shouldn't go, but it can also be good to replace a defective button or to install a replacement cover. While the controller may look solid, with the right tools you can have it open and back together in a matter of minutes.
Things You Will Need:
- T8 screwdriver
- Pry stick
- X-acto knife
- Unplug the Xbox 360 controller and turn it over.
- Remove the six screws you can see on the back of the Xbox 360 controller. If your controller is wireless, remove the battery first. Use your T8 screwdriver to remove these screws.
- Peel up the UPC sticker to reveal the last screw. Remove this screw as well.
- Hold the front half of the Xbox 360 controller in one hand, and the rear half in another. Pull the two pieces apart, keeping the front half facing down so the buttons don't fall out. If you need to, insert your pry stick between the two halves to separate them. Pull the back cover away from the controller.
- Wiggle the grey bottom piece on the controller to release it. Remove it from the controller.
- Pull up on the control board to remove it. The two vibration units will dangle off of the board.
- Remove the soft plastic barrier that is over the buttons. Then remove the buttons. You have now taken apart your Xbox 360 controller.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?