How To Take Baffles Out Of Motorcycle Exhaust
If you want to intensify the sound on your motorcycle, you need to know how to take baffles out of a motorcycle exhaust. You can save a lot of money by taking the baffles off yourself to enhance your bike's sound. Removing the baffles helps intensify the sound that would otherwise remain silenced. These are silencers that make the engine sound dull before it hits the open air. Your motorcycle can sound more powerful, bigger and better when you follow these few steps to take the baffles out of a motorcycle exhaust.
To take the baffles out of a motorcycle exhaust, you will need:
- A hand drill
- A drill bit extender
- A metal-cutting drill bit
- A 1/2-inch hole saw
- A wrench set
- A socket set
- Find out how many baffles are housed in your muffler. Usually there are two or three baffles in a motorcycle muffler. Knowing how many you have will enable you to make sure that you don't cause problems by drilling too far into the motorcycle exhaust.
- Remove the motorcycle exhaust. You can find the exhaust system underneath the motorcycle held at the cylinder head and mounting bracket on the bike.
- Drill and remove all baffle pieces. Using a hand drill and a 1/2-inch hole saw, drill into the outlet hole in the motorcycle exhaust. You will know when you hit the baffle because the drill will no longer go any further into the exhaust. Drill through the first baffle. Drill each remaining baffle one at time until you have drilled them all. Remove the baffle pieces from the exhaust.
- Replace the exhaust. Reinstall the motorcycle exhaust system back on your bike into its proper place.