It is important for every health conscious individual to know how to take calcium. Take calcium to ensure your bones get all the minerals they need. Calcium is a mineral that human bodies use to strengthen bones and teeth. Calcium is also helpful in regulating heart beat and controlling blood pressure. There are right ways and wrong ways to take calcium. Learn the best ways to take calcium to get the most from the calcium supplement you take to enhance your diet.
To take calcium, you will need:
- Healthy diet
- Calcium supplements
- Vitamin D
- Eat a healthy diet. The best way to get much of the needed calcium is to eat a healthy diet that includes milk and other dairy products, green vegetables like broccoli and turnip greens, and grains like cereal and breads.
- Take the right dosage of calcium. Adult men and women need 1,000 to 1,200 milligrams of calcium per day.
- Take calcium with food if needed. Calcium carbonate tablets need to be taken with food so the stomach acid can help absorb this form of calcium. Calcium citrate can be taken with or without food.
- Take calcium correctly. Calcium does not stay in the human body but is flushed out quickly. Take smaller doses of calcium several times a day to gain the best results from calcium.
- Take calcium separate from iron. Iron negates the effects of calcium, so if you take a multivitamin that contains iron or if you take a separate iron tablet, take calcium at another time.
- Take calcium with Vitamin D. For calcium to be absorbed, the body needs Vitamin D also. Take a calcium supplement that contains Vitamin D or drink milk that contains Vitamin D with the calcium tablet.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
You’re Not a Man Unless You Can Cook These 5 Meals
You're not off the hook: This list includes dessert.