How To Take Care Of Cats
You want to know how to take care of your cat. Cats are wonderful critters who will love you for life if taken care of properly. Cats are fun, loving, smart and their own bosses. They can be finicky and a tad moody but all in all they are great pets. With these few tips you too can learn how to properly take care of your cat.
- Give them a lot of love. You have a new family member. Welcome them with open arms and give them a ton of love and affection.
- Feed them. Make sure you have plenty of food and water for them. You can do soft or hard cat food depending on tastes. They also sell a cat milk in grocery stores that some cats adore.
- Acquire a litter box and make sure they get trained. This can be a daunting task, but with patience you should be able to get it done, if they are not trained already. When caring for your cat, this step is crucial.
- Spay and neuter. It is wise to spay or neuter your pet. If your cat is an outdoor cat, this is very important! You are able to prevent unwanted and stray cats this way.
- Keep up with your vet. Be sure they are dewormed and vaccinated. Get them checkups and make sure they are properly vaccinated. As cats get older, they do not need the vet as much, but be sure to visit if they are ill.
- Keep toys around. Toys, cat nip and scratching posts are great for cats. They will be able to play endlessly with the toys you provide for them and love you for it!
- Remember, cats are nosy and eat things. If you have a Christmas tree, try to avoid things like tinsel, or at least keep it up high. Also, make sure to keep closet doors, attic doors and most doors closed.
- Collar and ID your cat. If your cat should happen to get lost, they should have a collar and an ID. Keep your information listed on the tag so if found you can be contacted.