How To Take Care Of Feet
Want to learn how to take care of feet? Your feet do a lot for you, and the better you take care of your feet the better they will serve you. Read on to find out how to take care of feet properly.
What you need to take care of feet:
- nail clippers
- acne pads with salicylic acid (optional)
How to take care of feet:
- Keep your feet dry. After working out, be sure to wash your feet with soap and water. Dry them thoroughly so that they aren't damp. Wet feet can easily get a fungal infection, so you should always keep your feet as clean and dry as possible.
- Trim your toenails. Regularly trim your toenails using nail clippers - you don't want to be in bed with someone and end up scratching them with your long toenails. You should trim your toenails straight across so that you do not develop ingrown toenails. Ingrown toenails grow into the skin of the feet, and are very uncomfortable. They can also become infected and removal of the entire toenail can be the price you pay. Trim them every week or two for good grooming.
- File the toenail edges. Quickly run a nail file back and forth over the top of each nail so that they are not sharp from the trimming you've done. This should be done every time you trim your toenails so that the edges are smooth. If you don't have a nail file, or clippers, you can find them in any drug store.
- Keep your feet soft with lotion. Make it a regular routine to put lotion on your feet every time you get out of the shower or bath. To get rid of dry, rough heels, try rubbing your heels with an acne face pad - the ones with salicylic acid on them. Then, cover your heels in lotion and put on a pair of socks. Leave them on over night and your heels will be much more attractive. You may have to do this several nights in a row in order to solve your rough heels problem.
- Buy proper fitting shoes. Many foot problems can be avoided by buying shoes that are of good quality and fit your feet properly. Any shoes you purchase should be comfortable at the time you buy them and there should be about a one half inch space between the end of the shoe and your toes. If you're not sure you're buying the right size shoes, go in a shoe store and have the clerk measure your foot for you. Remember that one foot is normally larger than the other, so make sure you try on both shoes in the store and walk around in them.
You can properly take care of your feet with minimal effort. Keep them as dry as possible, and regularly trim and file your toenails. Using lotion can keep your feet soft, and always buy shoes that fit your feet correctly.