How To Take Care Of Kittens
Need some tips on how to take care of kittens? Kittens are adorable and lots of fun, but you should know how to care for the gorgeous little critters. It is crucial to follow the steps provided in order to ensure that your kitten is taken care of well.
- If the kittens were born in your home, you will have to make sure they have milk from the mother. If there is no mother but the kittens are still very young, you can purchase milk at a pet store and follow the feeding instructions. Do not feed them cow’s milk as it will make them sick. Kittens wean at four weeks and can eat kitten food at eight weeks. Kittens should not leave their mother until they are at least eight weeks of age.
- Feed your kittens. Make sure the kitten always has plenty of water and eats a few times a day. Of course, this is key when learning how to take care of your kitten. You can feed your kitten canned or dry food.
- Keep them warm. Keep blankets and make sure they are warm and cozy. This is not hard if you purchase a cat bed and have blankets for your kittens.
- Train your kittens to make sure they do not destroy your furniture. Purchase scratching posts, pads and toys and learn how to train your kitten. This is also a good time to litter box train the kittens. Keep the box close for your kitten to get to, and if he messes on the floor, place him in the litter box so he learns to go there.
- Keep up with the vet. Take your kittens often for vaccinations and deworming. It is also a good idea to bring them in when you first get them for an initial checkup since they should be in good health. The vet will keep you informed on vaccines.
- Spay and neuter! When your kittens are of age (still young), have them spayed or neutered, especially if your kittens are going to become outside cats.
- Give them love. Your kittens need you, so make sure you give them a lot of love, attention and have fun with them. They are new members of the family!