Learning how to take in jeans is a good way to make sure your pants always fit perfectly. Jeans being big in the waist is very common. In fact it is very hard to find a pair of jeans that will fit perfectly. Because of this you might wonder how to take in a pair of jeans, and all though it is not a very simple process it is very possible to do it on your own.
For this project you are going to need:
- Seam ripper
- needle and thread
- safety pins
- sewing machine
- white color pencil
- The first part of this process is to try on the jeans and see how much to take in. You can do this by pinching the back portion of the jeans until they fit the way that you would like them to. Take this pinched part and put a safety pin in vertically so the pinched part can be grabbed from the outside of the jeans. Now you can take the pants of and mark with the white pencil where the safety pin is on both sides of the pinched part.
- Secondly, take the pin out and use the seam ripper to remove the seam from the waistband. Only remove the seam from the piece of the waistband that is in between the two marks.
- Third, once the seam is out, you should be able to cut out the excess waistband. Cut out the excess but leave about a half a inch extra for when you sew it back together.
- Fourth, take your needle and thread and make darts, place markers, at the two ends of the waistband, sew a slight hem here. Take the two ends of the waistband and pull them together to create a full waistband. Dart the two pieces in place.
- Fifth, equip your sewing machine with heavy duty jeans thread. Then sew the waistband down to the jeans. You should form a T with the stiches when you are finish. One line horizontally to secure the waistband to the jeans and then vertically to secure the two pieces of waistband together.
This is very tedious and for some quite hard. With dedication and patience it is possible.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.