How To Take Out AC Vents On Mustang
If your AC vents have become damaged, you may want to know how to take out the AC vents on a Mustang. The AC vents on a Mustang are made to be easily removed. The vents are held in place with retainer clips and screws. Because the vents are made out of plastic, they can eventually break or get damaged. In order for you to continue to get a free flow of air into the vehicle, the vents must be replaced when they break. Within a short amount of time you can easily take out the AC vents on your Mustang.
To take out the AC vents on a Mustang, you will need:
- Your Mustang
- A flat-head screwdriver
- Locate and remove the screws on the AC vents. The screws can be found at the end of the dashboard, right near the AC vents on your Mustang. Remove the screws with the screwdriver.
- Pull off the AC vents. Be gentle as you pull the AC vents off on the side.
- Remove the trim panel from the shifter. Pull one side of the trim panel up around the shifter and then pull up the other side. You will see two retainer clips come loose as you pull up the trim.
- Remove the trim panel around the radio. Use a flat-head screwdriver to help pry up the trim panel around the radio to remove it. To make it easier, insert the screwdriver between the dashboard and the trim panel.
- Remove the screws from the radio with a screwdriver. You should be able to easily locate the screws on the radio of your Mustang.
- Locate the screws holding the center vents in place. Slide the radio forward to remove the screws from the center vents on the dashboard.
- Remove the center vents. Pull the center vents on your Mustang away from the dashboard to remove them.