How To Take Out Airbags In 1999 Cadillac Escalade
If you want to do it yourself, read the following information on how to take out airbags in 1999 Cadillac Escalade. With the right tools, this task can be done without the aid of a mechanic. The required tools are simple, and if you are careful, it will be a relatively easy thing to do. Have some patience and give yourself some time so the job can be done right.
To take out the airbags in a 1999 Cadillac Escalade, you will need:
- A screwdriver
- Set of socket wrenches
- Wire cutters
- Remove the battery cables. In this first step to take out the airbags in a 1999 Cadillac Escalade, you will need to remove the battery cables from the battery. Do this by lifting the hood, and using the set of socket wrenches to remove the cables. Then, wait for the battery to drain, which should take approximately thirty minutes.
- Open the cover of the fuse panel. You will find it near the steering column. On the back of the cover, there is information that lists where each fuse is connected, and what it is connected to. To take out the airbag in the 1999 Cadillac Escalade, you will need to find the fuse that connects directly to the airbag, and then remove it.
- Remove the screws on the back of the steering column. There are two of them, and they both need to be removed. Those screws are what keeps the airbag in place. After you remove them, carefully take the airbag out of the 1999 Cadillac Escalade. Also, there are wires attached to the airbag you are taking out. Use wires cutters to cut them.
- Unhook the power cable. The next part of taking out the airbag of a 1999 Cadillac Escalade is an important component. There is a power cable that is located at the back of the airbag that you must unhook. To do this, you will need to remove the glove box in order to have access to the power cable.
- Put the glove box back into your Cadillac Escalade. Once the power cable is unhooked, and the airbag is out, you will need to put the glove box back in. Check everything closely. You want to ensure that it is screwed in properly. Otherwise, it may be loose, which will create an annoying rattling sound when you're driving down the road.
- Reconnect everything else. Close the fuse cover. Not only that, but make sure to reconnect your battery cables. Once this is complete, you will have successfully taken out the airbag in a 1999 Cadillac Escalade. You were able to do it all by yourself without having to take your vehicle to the mechanic to have the work done.
Tips and Warnings:
- Removing an airbag can be dangerous if not done properly.
- Airbags can deploy at anytime.