How To Talk To A Girl On The Phone
Knowing how to talk to a girl on the phone is a necessary skill. With so many guys using IM's and text messages to get the point across, be one of the few to use your voice. Chicks dig phone conversations, so hone your skills!
- Get her number. The first thing about knowing how to talk to a girl on the phone is getting her number. Don't be afraid to ask! The worst thing that can happen is she will say "no". You can live through being turned down, and if you are diligent in approaching women, there will be women who want to get to know you, too. Phone conversations are a super way to get to know a girl, so find the right one and ask for her number.
- Learn to use your voice. If you want to know how to talk to a girl on the phone, be sure to use your voice. Learn various tones and pitches, and how to use them effectively. In other words, when she is using a softer, flirty voice, you want to respond with a lower, softer tone, too. Girls also don't want you to come on too strong, too early. The first calls should be when you are alone in a quiet location. She won't want to talk to you if you're calling from a loud bar, when you're drunk or when she thinks your buddies are listening in.
- Keep a plan in mind. Are you talking to a girl on the phone to get to know her? Yes! Each time you talk to a girl on the phone, have a plan in mind. At first, you will want to include some small talk and questions so you can figure out if you like her enough to continue. However, you will want to turn those conversations into dates. If you enjoy talking to girls on the phone and having telephone conversations, use this time to get to know her. If you don't like talking on the phone, remember that girls do. Keep your plans in mind, but let her enjoy a telephone conversation with you.
- Don't use the phone to hide. Remember, when you are talking to a girl on the phone, never to use the phone as a way to hide. If you need to have a heart to heart, the phone may not be the best place to broach difficult subjects. Telephone conversations with girls are also not a good way to break up or cancel dates. While talking to a girl on the phone can be a wonderful thing, the phone also can be used as a weapon.
- Call her regularly. Be sure to talk to a girl on the phone regularly. Chicks dig attention, so depending on the level your relationship is at, call her at least a few times weekly. If you're in a regular relationship, phone calls should be made on a daily basis (if this is what you agree to). When you first start dating, refrain from daily calls and never, ever call more than once per day. Telephone etiquette dictates that if you call and leave a message, wait for her to call you back. It's not only annoying but you come across as a needy sap if you're constantly calling and tracking her down.
Posted on: Nov. 19, 2010