As more and more relationships begin online, you may be wondering exactly how to talk to women online in a way that could lead to something more interesting. Although the internet often seems like a strange and wonderful place compared to the real world, the same basic rules apply when it comes to gaining a woman's interest. If you know how to talk to women in the real world, you already know how to talk to women online, but if you're a little rusty when it comes to small talk at cocktail parties, here are some hints to help you learn how to talk to women online.
Things you'll need:
- Computer with internet access
- Account with online dating website
- Find a common interest. This is actually much easier to do online than in real life. Chances are that unless you're on a dating website, an online lady has inspired enough interest from you and you're looking for hints about how to talk to women online. You've probably encountered her in the forums or the comments section of a website geared toward people with a specific interest. If you and your lovely lady are both on a news website, start with a comment about the latest news. If you're both in a music forum, talk about music.
- Ask a non-threatening personal question. Once you've established contact and chatted briefly about the common interest that has brought you both to the same location in cyberspace, ratchet up the intimacy a notch by asking her a personal question. Don't ask anything sexual or too personal. If you're on a pet forum, ask her about her pets. If you met on a travel forum, ask her about her last trip.
- Don't push. You've taken the initiative, established contact and made it obvious that you're interested in her personally. Don't blow it by being too pushy. The worst thing you can do at this point is press her for a photo, a personal email address or a phone number. Most women are very suspicious of men they meet online for very good reasons. Let things progress naturally.
- Don't lie. If you are wondering about how to talk to women online, it's a pretty good bet that you're interested in talking to these women in real life at some point. It's always tempting to lie online where you are comfortably cloaked in anonymity, but if the woman you're talking to online has any interest in you, there's a decent chance she's saving your online correspondence. If you ever do meet up in real life, what you told her online better match up with what she learns about you in real life or the relationship is doomed before it even had a chance to begin.
Learning how to talk to women online isn't difficult. Once you've learned and practiced the techniques online, you can even take them out for a spin in the real world.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …